06 September 2008

THE BAMBOOS – King of the Rodeo (feat. Megan Washington)/ I Can’t Help Myself (feat. Ty) – 2008 – Single review


THE BAMBOOS – King of the Rodeo (feat. Megan Washington)/ I Can’t Help Myself (feat. Ty) – 2008 – Single review
RATING: 5/5

Since the Kings of Leon are now shit perhaps the best thing to do with them is cover one of their songs and transform it from a tuneless guitar dirge into a sprightly funk track. As luck would have it, this is precisely what The Bamboos have done on the A-side with the aid of the angel-voiced Megan Washington. Then, seeing as they’re on a roll, they invite London rapper Ty to leap aboard and lay waste to what’s left of the dancefloor with I Can’t Help Myself - the sort of track that people dance to in the street if you drive past and you’re just playing it in your car. And I know because that happened yesterday when I was driving. So there.
Out now on Tru Thoughts.

LINKS
Listen to The Bamboos King Of The Rodeo/ I Can't Help Myself
The Bamboos - Myspace
Ty - Myspace
SEARCH MONKEYBOXING EMPIRE REVIEWS
MONKEYBOXING.COM

No comments: