28 May 2009

THE DT6: (Theme from) The Baden Persuader/ EMELi SANDE & MARCO with THE DT6: Takes – 2009 – 7” review


THE DT6: (Theme from) The Baden Persuader/ EMELI SANDE & MARCO with THE DT6: Takes – 2009 – 7” review
RATING: 4/5

Starla do their double A side 45 thing again and once more I find myself loving one track and running in fear from the other. I googled The Baden Persuader (the one I like) intrigued by the ‘Theme from’ prefix, expecting to find links telling me about some sort of German Get Carter style movie. All I got were references to this very track though, which, as it turns out, finds Starla house band The DT6 dropping eastern-sounding instrumental spy-flick funk so sinuous you could put a leather jacket on it and call it a snake…READ THE REST AT MONKEYBOXING.COM

No comments: