17 June 2007

THE WHITE STRIPES - Icky Thump - 2007 - Single review

The Devil and Mrs White

THE WHITE STRIPES – Icky Thump – 2007 – Single review
RATING: 4/5

This doesn’t just sound like Led Zeppelin, the lyrics are terrible like Robert Plant’s too (“Left alone/ I hit myself with a stone/ Went home and learned how/ To clean up after myself”) – though, disappointingly there are no references to either Gollum or Mordor. Maybe Jack thought this would be too many flavours in a pot that already includes a name taken from a misspelt northern saying and content about being fucked up en route to Mexico. Still, there’s something about a fat blues riff and borderline nonsense being screamed into a microphone that I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of.
Out now. As if you didn’t know.
Listen toThe White Stripes – Icky Thump

No comments: