30 June 2007

MARK RONSON feat. LILY ALLEN - Oh My God - 2007 - Single review


MARK RONSON feat. Lily Allen – Oh My God – 2007 – Single review
RATING: 3/5

I spent most of the weekend listening to Mark Ronson. Not this though. What I was checking was his 2003 LP Here Comes The Fuzz which I much prefer to Version. To be fair though, this cover of The Kaiser Chiefs Oh My God IS one of the best cuts off the new LP. On the other hand - it does sound like it could have come straight off Lily Allen’s LP Alright Still which, I suppose, counts as a compliment as that was the LP of last year. But then again - it’s not as good as most of the tracks on that. Admittedly, the maxi-single version of this comes with a range of 'drug-music' remixes of various genres – however – none of these is as good as the original Lily version. Nevertheless – ah fuck it – what I’m trying to say is: Oh My God is easy enough on the ears but if you want a really good Lily Allen track listen to her (Ronson-produced) LP and if you want a really good Mark Ronson track listen to his first LP.
Out July 16th.
RELATED LINKS
Listen to Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen - Oh My God
Watch Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen - Oh My God - video
Mark Ronson - Myspace
www.markronson.co.uk
Lyrics - Mark Ronson - Oh My God
SEARCH MONKEYBOXING EMPIRE REVIEWS

No comments: