24 March 2007

MARK RONSON - Stop Me - 2007 - Single review


MARK RONSON – Stop Me – 2007 – Single review
RATING: 2/5

It's supposed to be a Motown style reworking, but if you’ve ever wondered what Daniel Bedingfield would sound like covering The Smiths' Stop Me If You’ve Heard this One Before over a breakbeat - here’s your chance to find out as Ronson drafts in an Aussie 'nu-soul' singer whose first name IS Daniel and whose surname could well be Bedingfield (but actually is Merriweather). It also sounds like it keeps threatening to turn into Duran Duran’s Ordinary World. Morrissey approves apparently. Well, I hate Morrissey, I hate The Smiths, I hate Daniel Bedingfield and now I hate Daniel Merriweather. Admittedly catchy, it's a shoe-in for chart and mainstream dancefloor success that I could imagine American Psycho's Patrick Bateman liking. Mark Ronson is a very evil man.
Released 9 April 2007
Listen to Mark Ronson feat. Daniel Merriweather - Stop Me
markronson.co.uk

No comments: